Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Madness!

I don't know what it is but ever since I heard Adele spit that Nicki Minaj verse I've been feeling so inspired.


No, not just inspired.

Hungry. Energized. Powerful.

Most of all, I feel ready.

Ready for what, you ask?

The world, chico, and everything in it.

Watching Adele tear shit up in that SUV awakened something in me.

Selling out arenas and making a ton of money can easily go to your head, but somehow Adele remains authentic as fuck.

And for some reason, any time I see people--famous or otherwise--keeping it real, I can't help but get jacked up.

It's a nice reminder that staying true to oneself and giving zero fucks are crucial, not only to being successful but also to being happy.

Adele's swag isn't the only thing that's got me feeling like this, however.

There's something else.

For months I've been neglecting you. I've had urges and impulses but I forcefully redirected them into other projects.

And these other projects are going well, thanks for asking! So well, in fact, that I feel I can allow myself to once again indulge my guilty pleasure.

That's you, by the way.

I just can't bear to be away from you any more, baby.

So the other day I cracked open the laptop and shot madness out of my fingertips.

And it felt glorious!

I think it was a combination of things that set me off.

Karaoke Cab notwithstanding, there's been so much goddamn nonsense out there, so much noise and so many people reacting to noise.

It would be nice if I could tune it out. It would be nice if I could let it be.

But I can't.

There's too much bullshit out there. I feel compelled to get knee-deep into it. I feel the urge to rake and fling this shit into people's faces so they can see it for what it truly is.

I mean, people have got to be paying attention to the madness, right?

You've got the American political scene, which is a piping hot mess right now. On the right you've got Trump and Palin, Rubio and that other shit-head, Cruz. Then on the left you've got Her Majesty, Lizard Queen Hilary and Bernie fuckin' Sanders vying for the nomination.

You've got Making a Murderer on Netflix and the very disturbing fact that Steven Avery is in jail for a crime he didn't commit--again. 

You've got black people getting shot by cops or poisoned by politicians. You've got white militiamen taking over government buildings and who knows what else.

It goes on and on and on...

This tweet expresses exactly how I feel right now:



Only I'm thinking bigger picture here, folks. I'm thinking this is the last season of Earth as we know it and the writers are leading us into one hell of a cliff-hanger.

Will the bipolar apes survive this self-created predicament? Will they evolve sufficiently and avoid a global cataclysm?

Or will they continue on their merry way to extinction?

Who knows?

Either way it's an extremely compelling show. Not sure about you but I can't turn away.

Must. Keep. Binge-watching.

And if we're gonna watch, why not do a little running commentary?

I've got about a dozen posts lined up, not counting the random oddball ideas that will undoubtedly become posts of their own.

In other words, get ready: I'm about to add to the madness.

No comments: