Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Break

I miss writing stories.

Don't get me wrong, I really enjoy blogging, it just doesn't stimulate me the same way creative writing does. So with Spring upon us I thought I'd take a brief hiatus from the Meme Merchant.

My brain is never quiet. I'm always thinking up different concepts and ideas for stories and since last September they've just been slowly accumulating in my mind and gathering dust. Sometimes it's just a little piece, a character or event or something like that; other times it's a hook, a premise, or an entire plot. Now usually I would start writing these things out immediately but since I started the blog they've remained locked up in the old noggin.

Time for a Spring cleaning, my friends. I need to organize all these new ideas and see if I can fit some of them together into something cool. I might start a first draft. We'll see. I've always been good at starting projects; it's finishing them that's tough.

I'm nowhere near finished with the Meme Merchant. There are still plenty of interesting ideas and insights I want to share with you. There's just not enough hours in the day to fit everything in.

Breaks are good. They give us time to reflect and recharge the batteries. And just like this break from creative writing gave me a bunch of new ideas (and in some cases new twists on old ideas) I'm sure taking time off the blog will have a similar effect. I'll be back with a vengeance.

See you all in a few weeks!